Wednesday, April 7, 2010

NOT WHAT I EXPECTED...

well another bump in the road...this weekend i was doing what i call "the desert drop off" of Zoe in the middle of the California desert in the town of Barstow. every-time Zoe goes to Grandma's house my mom is kind enough to meet me half way so that i don't have to drive all the way to Las Vegas..Zoe is on her spring break and was spending this week with her and my little bro..i had lots of plans for me and the store..putting in 100 items, sewing the scarfs, making the necklaces and working on some patterns for some design concepts i have.....but wouldn't you know it when we make plans sometimes things don't go accordingly..my poor mom's car died and she had to pull over on the side of I-15 of exit XXYYZZ...yes their is an exit named that!

so we had to tow her car to Barstow and leave it at the mechanics because it was her computer that died...the mechanic had to order the part AND of course being the middle of the desert and Easter weekend all places including rental car locations were closed...i had to drive back to L.A. pick up a rental, drive my mom to Vegas and drive back, my little "old reliable" (it's what i call my car) is in nooo shape to have done all that...

by Sunday i spent 50% in the desert and 50% in a car.....again, things sometimes don't go as planned..and i had to breath in and out, look at the bigger picture and let patience run through my skin...i got home on Sunday at 10 p.m. after starting out on Saturday at 8:00 a.m...plopped myself on the couch curled up watched a movie and passed out! then work again Monday..it seemed like i had no break..

though three good things did come out of it, i found a great little thrift store and scored many cute items including old patterns, took great photos and documented my weekend and made a new friend..Chris a very talented inspiring or more like designer since he creates all his outfits..the silver lining...

i'm currently working hard on making that goal of 100 items happen by CROSS my fingers...this weekend and well le blog will soon be catching up too!

someone beat me to this great antique dresser drawer for only $11! i was dreaming anyways because how would i have hauled it to L.A.??
BARSTOW, CA

the sights...
BARSTOW, CA

BARSTOW, CA

BARSTOW, CA

BARSTOW, CA


BARSTOW, CA

BARSTOW, CA


BARSTOW, CA


ZOE

BARSTOW, CA

Vegas is surreal..le fake New York
LAS VEGAS

DESERT SUN


BELLA VINTAGE

1 comment:

  1. your daughter is SUUUUPER cute. I'm glad to have the same name ;]

    ReplyDelete

I SO appreciate you taking time to leave a comment! i look forward to growing the blog and making new cyber friendships here. i love learning about new blogs & business's so please do leave a link to yours!

Warm Regards,

Gisela

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails